Figures can add realism to any AFV. They let you know if it is hot or cold, muddy or dusty. As such, it is important to set the right tone with figures. Details that were impossible to achieve a few years ago are now easily added. This photo etched/coloured detail set from Eduard will improve almost any German figure.
what's in the bag?
This set has four cuff titles each for
- Kreta (1)
- Heer-Grossdeutschland (2)
- SS-Wiking (3)
- Afrika Korps (4).
There are also
- two Nazi Party Armbands (5)
- two Medic's armbands (6)
- four Feldgendarme Gorgets (7)
- five Waffen-SS eagles (8)
- five Luftwaffe eagles (9)
- five Heer eagles (10)
- three Iron Cross 2nd class buttonhole ribbons (11)
- three Eastern Front Medal buttonhole ribbons (12)
- three single Tank Destruction Badges in silver (13)
- one double Tank Destruction Badge in silver (14)
- two Iron Cross 1st Class (15)
- one Spanish Cross in Gold (could also be a Pour le Merite) (16)
- one Spanish Cross in Silver (could also be a War Merit Cross) (17)
- two German Cross in Gold (18)
- two Wound Badges (19)
- two Waffen-SS/Heer General Assault Badges (20)
- two Panzer Assault Badges (21)
- two Fallschirmjäger Assault Badge (22)
- a Knights Cross with neck ribbon (23)
- a Knights Cross with oak leaves and neck ribbon (24)
The colours on this set are very good and are very convincing in scale. The details are amazing and can be viewed under magnification. I guess there can never be to much detail, even though most people with normal vision will never see it. The colour registration is almost perfect. But once again, there is more detail than can be picked up by the human eye. I was leery about attaching the cuff titles to figures because of the folds. But they went on quite nicely, conforming to the folds without losing detail, or colour.
This set will provide detail to take your figures to the next level. I am sure anyone purchasing this item will be scraping medals off their resin figures from now on. I highly recommend this set, and look forward to upcoming releases that will give us more variety.